CDS 101/110a, Fall 2008 - FAQ
|CDS 101/110a||Schedule||Recitations||FAQ||AM08 (errata)|
- How do I create a FAQ for CDS 101/110?
- How would you make the dynamics in the cruise control example more realistic?
- Is a high gain good in the speed control example?
- Is it true that feedback systems are in closed loop by definition?
- Is kp (the gain of the system) dimensionless?
- Please turn the AC higher.
- The additional material and schedule of cds210.
- The last few slides went by too fast
- What do you mean by "gain" in the speed control example? What relation to sensing does it have?
- What is an example of an open loop system
- What should we do with unsused Mud Cards?
- Can a Lyapunov function be used to show/prove a system is unstable at an equilibrium point similar to the way it can be used to show asymp stability?
- I'm a 101/110 student. Can I sit in on the 210 lectures on Fridays without being enrolled in 210?
- In slide 12, what is special about the red cycle as opposed to the blue curves?
- In slide 9, why did you only linearize around the downward equilibrium point?
- What is the significance of having eigenvalues that are 0? I think I heard you say "in that case you don't know anything". Does that mean you cannot determine if the system is stable or asymptotically stable?
- You mentioned "aggressive" dynamics a couple of times. Please define. How/when is it useful?
- You said spiraling out to a bounded circle is unstable, but doesn't that still satisfy the epsilon-delta condition of stability? Or are there limits on epsilon?
- Could you please make it clear what is an 'A' and what is a 'Lambda' (matrix)?
- Do complex matrices also have a Jordan canonical form?
- How do you actually find the Jordan canonical form of a matrix?
- I keep getting mixed up on whether the diagonalized form of A is T^(-1)AT or TAT^(-1). Is there an easy way to remember the correct form?
- What does "up to permutations" mean?
- A typo in equation (6.24).
- How do I evaluate a certain transfer function at desired frequencies numerically?
- In MATLAB, use feedback() command to obtain the closed loop transfer function. Do not use L/(1 L).
- When evaluating the Bode integral, I am not getting even close to the ideal result (something negative)?