Course Announcements Archive
This page contains copies of announcements from the course homepage (just in case you saw something that you want to get back to).
- 26 Sep 04: The first lecture for CDS 101/110 will be on Monday, 27 Sep, in 74 Jorgenson.
- 26 Sep 04: Course surveys and session scheduling forms (CDS 110 only) are due on Friday, 1 October, in the box outside 109 Steele.
- 3 Oct 04: The course ombuds are Margot Kimura (ME) and Ike Gremmer (EE)
- 3 Oct 04: Recitation section assignments are now available; section meetings start this week
- 11 Oct 04: if you had problems running Simulink due to license restrictions, you can turn your homework in on Tuesday by 5 pm. Write "Simulink" at the top of the set.
- 11 Oct 04: HW set #1 is graded [solutions]
ŸCDS 101 – avg score: 18/20, std: 3.5, avg time: unknown
ŸCDS 110 – avg score: 38/40, std: 2.8, avg time: 7 hr
- 19 Oct 04: Office hours on Sunday are now in 114 Steele.
- 18 Oct 04: Homework #4 due date is 25 Oct; this was marked incorrectly on the initial revision of the homework set (now corrected).
- 18 Oct 04: Homework #2 graded; [solutions]
ŸCDS 101 – avg score: 20/20, std: 0, avg time: 4 hr
CDS 110 – avg score: 35/40, std: 4.2, avg time: 10 hr
- 18 Oct 04: MIDTERM will be handed out in class on Wed, 10/27. Due 5 pm Tue, 11/2
- 18 Oct 04: Homework #3 graded; [solutions]
ŸCDS 101 – avg score: xx/20, std: yy, avg time: N hr
CDS 110 – avg score: xx/40, std: yy, avg time: N hr
- 25 Oct 04: MIDTERM will be handed out in class on Wed, 10/27. Due 5 pm Tue, 11/2
- 6 Nov 04: A number of changes in the course are being implemented in response to feedback from the midterm survey and the course ombuds:
- Office hours will be shifted to Sundays from 6-8 pm to try to accomodate more students (everyone was coming at 7 pm and the sections were overcrowded)
- Copies of the (handwritten) lecture notes from Wednesday lectures will be posted on the web *after* the Wed lectures (usually by Friday)
- Preprints of the course text for the remaining weeks of the course are now posted on the web
- When possible we will post selected homework problems from past years and their solutions (including MATLAB code, when appropriate) as a guide for doing this year's problems.
- We are going to try to list the MATLAB commands that are useful for solving the homeworks on the lecture page for the week. Hopefully this will help students from searching for commands that are avialable to help solve the set
- 20 Nov 04: There is a typo in HW #7. The due date is Monday, 22 Nov (not Wednesday)
- 22 Nov 04: The final exam will be handed out on Friday, 3 December and due back on 10 Dec by 5 pm
- 22 Nov 04: HW #8 is due on Wednesday, 1 December (to allow for the Thanksgiving break)