This page contains information about version 2.11b of Feedback Systems by Karl J. Åström and Richard M. Murray. Version 2.11b contains corrections to the first printing through 28 Sep 2012. This revision contains corrections to the third printing of the book.
Note: This version of the book uses a different set of fonts from the original printed book and so some pages numbers may be slightly different. Any errata reported below correspond to the location of the equivalent correction in the original printed version.
Additional info and links:
- Revision date: 28 September 2012
- Complete book - this a PDF of the entire book, as a single PDF file (408 pages, 8 MB).
- Individual chapters: P, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, B
- Hyperlink version - this is a PDF of the entire book, with hypertext links on references for equations, figures, citations, etc.
- iPad optimized version iPad optimized version - see the e-book page for information on how to use this file.
The electronic edition of Feedback Systems is provided with the permission of the publisher, Princeton University Press. This manuscript is for personal use only and may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without written consent from the publisher.
A full list of errata including page and line numbers is maintained on the errata page. The following errata have been identified in this version of the text (for a listing in page order, see version 2.11b errata):
- Errata: In Figure 4.18, v and V should be v0
- Errata: In Example 5.3, omega d should have terms in the square root reversed
- Errata: Impulse response does not include the direct term in the proper manner
- Errata: In Example 6.7, the open loop eigenvalues are incorrect
- Errata: In Example 6.10, the reference gain should be k r = a 1/b
- Errata: In Example 11.12, transfer functions for inner loop and outer loop dynamics are incorrect
- Errata: A21 entry for op amp dynamics should have a negative sign
Note that errata in later versions of the text may also apply to this version. A full list of errata in all versions of the text is maintained on the errata page.