This page contains information about version 2.10a of Feedback Systems by Karl J. Åström and Richard M. Murray. Version 2.10a contains corrections to the first printing through 2 Dec 2008. This revision is a beta release for the second printing of the book.
Additional info and links:
The electronic edition of Feedback Systems is provided with the permission of the publisher, Princeton University Press. This manuscript is for personal use only and may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without written consent from the publisher.
A full list of errata including page and line numbers is maintained on the errata page. The following errata have been identified in this version of the text (for a listing in page order, see version 2.10a errata):
- Errata: In Example 5.5 and 5.6, m1 and m2 should be m
- Errata: Equation (5.15) is linear in the initial conditions and *input*
- Errata: In Example 5.8, the third nodal equation should be deleted
- Errata: The labels for v2 and v3 are misplaced in Figure 5.12
- Errata: Missing factor of A in second term of equation (5.26)
- Errata: In the last paragraph of Section 7.1, "reachable" should be replaced by "observable"
- Errata: In Example 7.2, the observer gain is given by equation (7.11)
- Errata: In Example 7.4, hats are missing in displayed equation for u
- Errata: Minus sign is missing in gain scheduled feedback
- Errata: In section on pole/zero cancellations, pole and zero are at s = -a
- Errata: Missing parenthesis in exponential for output signal
- Errata: In description of Bode plot for second order transfer function, 'a' should be omega 0
- Errata: In Example 8.8, explanation of effects of poles and zeros is incorrect and confusing
- Errata: In Example 8.9, the expression for sigma is not correct
- Errata: Before Example 9.3, range of theta should be -pi/2 to pi/2
- Errata: Missing factor of 2 pi in residue formula for proof of Theorem 9.3
- Errata: Bennett's books on the history of control were published in 1979 and 1993
Note that errata in later versions of the text may also apply to this version. A full list of errata in all versions of the text is maintained on the errata page.