A solutions manual for instructors is available containing exercises and solutions for Feedback Systems. In addition to the exercises listed in the text, additional exercises are included here that are of a more specialized nature or too long to easily fit in the text.
The solutions manual is only available to instructors and will not be distributed online or made available to students. Instructors who are sent the solutions manual must agree not to post the solutions on publicly accessible Internet sites or otherwise make them available to students outside of the course for which it is being used.
- Solutions manual request - Princeton University Press page for requesting solutions manual (or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- List of available problems and solution status - this page lists all of the problems that are available and the status of solutions. This page is intended for internal use, but may be useful for instructors who wish to know which exercises have solutions available.
Information about the solutions
This manual contains exercises and solutions for Feedback Systems. In addition to the exercises printed in the text, additional exercises are included here that are of a more specialized nature or too long to easily fit in the book. (Note: some of the solutions for the supplemental exercises are not yet complete and others have not been as carefully checked for errors. Use with caution.) Two version of the solutions manual are available:
- Instructors version: This version of the solutions is formatted to be as compact as possible and contains some additional notes on the exercises that might be useful to instructors selecting and modifying exercises.
- One per page version: Each problem and its solution appear starting on a new page to allow easier distribution of selected solutions by copying only the relevant pages.
Solutions to exercises provided to instructors cannot be posted to publicly accessible Internet sites or otherwise made available to students outside of the course for which it is being used.
Contributing exercises and solutions
Many of the solutions in the text were contributed by students and colleagues. Primary contributors for problems and solutions are listed in the individual exercises. Problems and solutions without contributors listed are contributions from the primary authors, often based on problems assigned in courses.
Instructors are welcome to contribute additional exercises or improved solutions, which will be included in future editions of the solutions manual at the authors' discretion. Interested instructors should contact the authors for information about formatting and style for contributed exercises and solutions.
- 1.3b [16 Aug 08] Complete set of print solutions, for distribution to instructors
- 1.3a [3 Jul 08] Added one per page version; updated formating
- 1.2 [31 May 08] Initial release, for display at ACC
- 1.1 [5 Apr 08] First beta release (incomplete)
- 1.0 [22 Sep 07] Initial working copy, being developed for CDS 101/110 at Caltech