Revision as of 06:40, 29 September 2012 by Murray
This page contains archived announcements and news items, posted in reverse chronological order.
- 10 Sep 2012: Updated versions of Chapters 7 and 8 are now posted (v 2.11b)
- 6 Sep 2012: Updated version of Chapter 6 is now posted (v 2.11b)
- 1 Sep 2012: Updated version of Chapter 5 is now posted (this will go in version 2.11b, targeted for release around 22 Sep)
- 30 Aug 2012: Version 2.11a has been released and includes corrections for Chapters 1-4, plus some changes in Chapter 5. Changes for later chapters are in progress and new versions should be posted every few weeks with changes in later chapters.
- 8 Aug 2012: Version 2.11a is being posted. This version includes corrections to all errata identified as of 8 Aug 2012. The complete PDF will be posted when revisions to individual chapters are done.
- 30 Jul 2011: Version 2.10e, which contains corrections to the third printing, is now posted. This version includes corrections to all errata identified as of 30 August 2011. Hypertext and e-reader optimized versions are also available. Note: individual chapters are not yet posted to the chapter pages.
- 19 Jul 2011: Version 2.10d, which contains corrects to the third printing, is now posted. This version includes corrections to all errata identified as of 19 July 2011. Hypertext and e-reader optimized versions are also available.
- 4 Mar 2010: Version 2.10c, corresponding to the third printing, is now posted. This version includes corrections to all errata identified as of 4 March 2010.
- 23 Dec 2009: Updated pages have been created for the BFS, NCS and OBC supplements.
- 1 Nov 2009: The second printing is now being shipped. This version includes corrections to all errata identified as of 22 Feb 09.
- 21 Dec 08: Updated chapter PDFs have been posted for Version 2.10a
- 31 May 08: A draft solutions manual is now available.
- 17 Apr 08: The hardcopy version is now in stock. Use links at the right (on Main Page) to purchase.
- 30 Jan 08: Version 2.9d is now online. This is the final version that has been sent out for printing. Feedback Systems will be available in hardcopy from the publisher in April 2008. If you wish to use this for a course that is being taught before that time, please contact Richard Murray about local reprints.
- 5 Apr 08: Updated software to MediaWiki v1.6 to allow for default arguments in templates; can't go higher than that because CDS server is not yet running php 5.0 (required for v1.7 and above)
- 8 Jan 08: Version 2.9a is now online. This version has the near-final text and figures. There are still some small formatting issues that need to be worked out, but this version is very close to what will be sent to the publisher. One significant change from versions 2.8 and earlier is that we are now using the standard engineering convention for the direction of the Nyquist contour (agrees with MATLAB again).
- 7 Jan 08: A supplement on optimization-based control has been posted. This supplement contains additional material that builds on Chapters 6 and 7 (state and output feedback), including trajectory generation using differential flatness, optimal control theory and the maximum principle, linear quadratic regulators, receding horizon control, Kalman filtering and sensor fusion.
- 14 Dec 07: Version 2.8 will be posted in the next few weeks and will contain all of the final text plus most of the final figures for the book. The book is on schedule to be available to instructors April 2008 and available for general purchase by May 2008. Instructors wishing to use the text for courses in the winter or spring of 2008 should contact Richard Murray about the possibility of getting a preprint version.
- 14 Sep 07: Version 2.7c is now online. This version is being used in CDS 101/110a at Caltech for Fall 2007. It has updated figures and exercises, but no changes in the main text from Version 2.7a.
- 21 Jul 07: We have sent the final body text to the publisher for copy editing and this is now posted on the site as Version 2.7a. Exercises, index and figures are still being worked on, but these are getting much closer to final form. We will be using this version of the text at Caltech in the fall term.
- 1 Jun 07: We have signed a contract with Princeton University Press to publish Feedback Systems. The current plan is for the book to be available in April 2008, in time for adoption for Fall 2008 courses. The PDF files of the book will remain online via this wiki.
- 30 Jun 07: A new version is coming! Between now and 15 Jul 07, a new version of the book will be posted. This version has the final text that is being sent to the Princeton University Press for copy editing.
- 24 Feb 07: Version 2.5c of the book is being posted over the next few weeks. Since some text has moved between chapters, there may be a few wrinkles in the later chapters (eg, repeated material) until we get through the entire pass. Using Version 2.4a is you need a consistent version of all of the chapters.
- 9 Oct 06: An errata list for Version 2.4a has been posted.
- 16 Sep 06: Version 2.4a is now posted. This version is being used in Caltech CDS 101/110.
- 5 Sep 06: the next revision of the book (v2.4) is scheduled to be released by mid-September. Instructors who are interested in using the text for courses should contact the authors for detailed information on timing and editing access to the wiki (if desired).
- 30 Jul 06: Version 2.3c is now posted. This version is fairly complete, although Chapters 9-12 are still being edited.
- 23 May 06: the next revision of the book (v2.3) is scheduled to be released in summer of 2006. Instructors who are interested in using the text for courses should contact the authors for detailed information on timing and editing access to the wiki (if desired).
- 20 May 06: the implementation chapter has been moved to an appendix and will only appear in the wiki (to keep the size of the printed version of the text down).
- 20 Apr 06: anonymous edit of discussion pages has been temporarily disabled. Spambots were installing links to other sites. Users who wish to make comments on pages should send e-mail to Richard Murray requesting access.
- 12 Feb 06: a new chapter has been added. The System Modeling chapter has had some of the material split off into a new Examples chapter. This version of the book is tagged as version 2.2. The wiki has been restructured to insert this chapter, but there still may be a few missing links.
- 15 Jan 06: revised chapters are being created for version 2.1; some chapters may have empty sections. In addition, chapter summaries are being added to the wiki that review they key points of each chapter.