This page contains information about version 2.11a of Feedback Systems by Karl J. Åström and Richard M. Murray. Version 2.11a contains corrections to the first printing through 30 Aug 2012. This revision contains corrections to the third printing of the book.
Note: This version of the book uses a different set of fonts from the original printed book and so some pages numbers may be slightly different. Any errata reported below correspond to the location of the equivalent correction in the original printed version.
Additional info and links:
- Revision date: 30 August 2012
- Complete book - this a PDF of the entire book, as a single PDF file (408 pages, 8 MB).
- Hyperlink version - this is a PDF of the entire book, with hypertext links on references for equations, figures, citations, etc.
- iPad optimized version iPad optimized version - see the e-book page for information on how to use this file.
The electronic edition of Feedback Systems is provided with the permission of the publisher, Princeton University Press. This manuscript is for personal use only and may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without written consent from the publisher.
A full list of errata including page and line numbers is maintained on the errata page. The following errata have been identified in this version of the text (for a listing in page order, see version 2.11a errata):
- Errata: In Example 6.5, definitions of z1 and z2 are switched
- Errata: In the caption for Figure 6.7, L e=20 should be L e=30
- Errata: The formula given for the rise time of a second order system in Table 6.1 is only approximate
- Errata: In Example 6.10, the system input for the linearized model should be w instead of u
- Errata: In expression for B(t), missing parenthesis at end of subscripted expression
- Errata: In the paragraph above Example 9.3, G(*) should be L(*)
- Errata: In the caption for Figure 9.7, the transfer function should match equation (9.4)
- Errata: In equation (9.8), the right hand side should be evaluated at omega0
- Errata: Closed loop time constant after equation (10.6) has an extra factor of 2
- Errata: In equation (10.4), upper limit of the integral should be t, not infinity
Note that errata in later versions of the text may also apply to this version. A full list of errata in all versions of the text is maintained on the errata page.