Supplement: Optimization-Based Control
These notes serve as a supplement to Feedback Systems by Åström and Murray and expand on some of the topics introduced there. Our focus is on the use of optimization-based methods for control, including optimal control theory, receding horizon control and Kalman filtering. Each chapter is intended to be a standalone reference for advanced topics that are introduced in Feedback Systems.
- Chapter 1: Trajectory Generation and Tracking (pdf, 26Jan08)
- Chapter 2: Optimal Control (pdf, 26Jan08)
- Chapter 3: Receding Horizon Control (pdf, 30Jan08)
- Chapter 4: Stochastic Systems (pdf, 12Feb08)
- Chapter 5: Kalman Filtering
- Chapter 6: Sensor Fusion
Summary of Changes
- 12 Feb 08: Version 1.6b posted; updated state space computations for stochastic systems
- 11 Feb 08: Version 1.6a posted; new chapter on stochastic systems
- 30 Jan 08: Version 1.4a posted; new chapter on receding horizon control
- 25 Jan 08: fixed up some bad references; expanded the LQR design example (pvtol); added example of abnormal extremal
- 23 Jan 08: updated Ch 2; more details on LQR
- 14 Jan 08: updated Ch 1 and posted Ch 2. Fixed a couple of small bugs in Ch 1. Changed to .
- 7 Jan 08: first post (Ch 1)