HOWTO: Add an errata entry
Revision as of 20:25, 5 April 2008 by Murray
To add a new erratum, you need to perform the following steps:
- Type the name of the erratum page into the search box. The erratum title should be of the form
Errata: description of erratum in page independent manner
- Click on the 'create this page' link in the search results. This will create a new page and put you into the editor.
- Enter the erratum information using the errata template by entering the following text into the new page:
- Save the page and then re-edit it. At this point you can fill in the required information using the documentation provided in the template.
- Enter the erratum into the master errata page.
How to fill in the template
The template contains a single template with entries for the following information:
- chapter - Replace with the (capitalized) chapter name where the error occurs
- page = - Page number of the erratum
- line - Line number of the erratum
- contributor = Name of the contributor. Uses initials + last name (R. M. Murray)
- date = Date on which the erratum was reported. Use the form 'DD Mon YY' (5 Apr 08)
- version = Version in which the erratum occurred (usually 'First printing')
- text = Text for the description of the error and the fix. This can be multiple lines, but can't include templates