Revision as of 15:37, 8 January 2008 by Murray
- 14 Dec 07: Version 2.8 will be posted in the next few weeks and will contain all of the final text plus most of the final figures for the book. The book is on schedule to be available to instructors April 2008 and available for general purchase by May 2008. Instructors wishing to use the text for courses in the winter or spring of 2008 should contact Richard Murray about the possibility of getting a preprint version.
- 14 Sep 07: Version 2.7c is now online. This version is being used in CDS 101/110a at Caltech for Fall 2007. It has updated figures and exercises, but no changes in the main text from Version 2.7a.
- 21 Jul 07: We have sent the final body text to the publisher for copy editing and this is now posted on the site as Version 2.7a. Exercises, index and figures are still being worked on, but these are getting much closer to final form. We will be using this version of the text at Caltech in the fall term.
- 1 Jun 07: We have signed a contract with Princeton University Press to publish Feedback Systems. The current plan is for the book to be available in April 2008, in time for adoption for Fall 2008 courses. The PDF files of the book will remain online via this wiki.
- 30 Jun 07: A new version is coming! Between now and 15 Jul 07, a new version of the book will be posted. This version has the final text that is being sent to the Princeton University Press for copy editing.
- 24 Feb 07: Version 2.5c of the book is being posted over the next few weeks. Since some text has moved between chapters, there may be a few wrinkles in the later chapters (eg, repeated material) until we get through the entire pass. Using Version 2.4a is you need a consistent version of all of the chapters.
- 9 Oct 06: An errata list for Version 2.4a has been posted.
- 16 Sep 06: Version 2.4a is now posted. This version is being used in Caltech CDS 101/110.
- 5 Sep 06: the next revision of the book (v2.4) is scheduled to be released by mid-September. Instructors who are interested in using the text for courses should contact the authors for detailed information on timing and editing access to the wiki (if desired).
- 30 Jul 06: Version 2.3c is now posted. This version is fairly complete, although Chapters 9-12 are still being edited.
- 23 May 06: the next revision of the book (v2.3) is scheduled to be released in summer of 2006. Instructors who are interested in using the text for courses should contact the authors for detailed information on timing and editing access to the wiki (if desired).
- 20 May 06: the implementation chapter has been moved to an appendix and will only appear in the wiki (to keep the size of the printed version of the text down).
- 20 Apr 06: anonymous edit of discussion pages has been temporarily disabled. Spambots were installing links to other sites. Users who wish to make comments on pages should send e-mail to Richard Murray requesting access.
- 12 Feb 06: a new chapter has been added. The System Modeling chapter has had some of the material split off into a new Examples chapter. This version of the book is tagged as version 2.2. The wiki has been restructured to insert this chapter, but there still may be a few missing links.
- 15 Jan 06: revised chapters are being created for version 2.1; some chapters may have empty sections. In addition, chapter summaries are being added to the wiki that review they key points of each chapter.