This page collects the running examples for AM05 as well as additional examples that have been contributed by the authors and others.
AM05 contains a set of running examples that are used throughout the text. These examples have been chosen to span multiple application areas of feedback and control systems. The links below go to dedicated pages for each running example, where you can find a summary of the example and additional information beyond what is in the text.
- Atomic force microscope
- Balance systems - systems in which a mass is balanced above a pivot point (eg, vector thrust aircraft, Segway, inverted pendulum)
- Bicycle dynamics - how tilting a bicycle affects its motion and stability properties
- Cruise control - feedback system for maintaining the velocity of an automobile while driving
- Drug administration - compartment models used for modeling drug propagation in living organisms
- Operational amplifier - electronic circuits for implementing active filters
- Population dynamics
- Vehicle steering
- Web server admission control