CDS 270-2 -- Spring 2006
Networked Control Systems
CDS 110ab, CDS 140ab .
If you want to sign up, this is Section 2 of CDS 270
(Section 1 is on
and will be taught by Eugene Levretsky).
CDS 270-2. Networked Control Systems. Units 3-0-6.
The current outline for the course is to cover the following topics:
- I. Introduction (3 lectures)
- * What are networked control systems
- * Example NCS's: Alice, RoboFlag, Trinet
- II. Review material (6 lectures)
- * Receding horizon control
- * Estimation and sensor fusion
- * Hybrid systems and SOS
- III. Packet-Based Estimation and Control (6 lectures)
- * Packet-based messaging architectures (TCP, UDP, MTA, RCS)
- * Bode-Shannon, rate limits, MD coding
- IV. Distributed estimation and control (6 lectures)
- * Distributed dynamic programming and receding horizon control
- * Distributed estimation (KF, MHE, PF)
- * Cross layer designs
- V. Cooperative control (6 lectures)
- * Consensus protocols (CDS, CS, Ec)
- * Hybrid systems and asynchronous computation (CCL)
- VI. Project presentations (3 lectures)
MWF 2-3 PM; 125 Steele
Office hours: by appointment
- First Lecture
will be on Monday , March 29, 2006 in 125 Steele at 2 PM.
No exams and optional homework, but a course project will be required.